Sunday, March 29, 2020

School Closure Week #2 (March 30-April 3)



Week #2 (March 30-April 3)

I hope that everyone is doing well and staying healthy. This week, week #2 (3/30-4/2). I am going to try to establish a regular schedule (last week was anything but regular). I will follow the block schedule for my Office Hours (more on that below). I’m sure that there will be many “bumps in the road” this week for my students and myself as well. I have spent considerable time learning to use different platforms to deliver instruction to you and also to spend some time “Live” with each of my classes during the week. Additionally, I will be using REMIND which is an app for your phone. You should have received an email from me on Saturday 3/28 containing instructions on joining our class REMIND. Within a couple minutes of sending the emails my phone was dinging like crazy with students joining the class REMIND😊

I will deliver direct instruction to my classes using recordings that I have made on a platform called “Zoom.” Essentially you can see me, hear me and see my computer screen. For example, if I have my Smart Notebook open you will be able to see the slides. I will be able to discuss the notes, write on the slides and show examples. I will deliver these recordings to you on my blog page with a link (you do not need to have a Zoom account). So, you will need to go to my CDO webpage and then select “School Closure Week #2 (3/30 – 4/3).” You will then be linked directly to my blog which will contain the expectations for the week and the necessary links.

I will have “Live” office hours for a half hour during each block period on Tuesday-Thursday using “Zoom.” Again, you do not need a Zoom account to access the live meeting room. You can join a Zoom meeting with a link or you can go to zoom.com and enter the meeting ID. I will supply both. My plan is the send the link through REMIND the day of the meeting. It will be important when you enter a Zoom meeting that you put YOUR FIRST NAME AND LAST NAME. During the Zoom meetings I will be answering questions about assignments and concepts – so it will be important to spend time on Monday or before the Zoom meeting going through the notes and beginning the assignment. I will answer questions about the notes during the Zoom meetings, but I will not have time to go through each of the slides – Zoom meetings are limited. Zoom meetings are NOT required for Algebra 2 and Precalculus. However, it will be important to attend these if you are struggling with the material.

Last there will be assignments. Assignments will vary – you will need to check below for your period to see what the assignments are for the week. We were asked to keep new material and assignments “light” for the week as we are all getting used to online high school – myself as well. I will also be offering an extra credit opportunity each week that we are at home and that will vary by class.

I’m sure that there will be setbacks this first week. Please feel free to email me and let me know when something is not working or if something is not making sense or if I forget to mention something. Remember - I don’t know if you don’t tell me😊

Algebra 2 (Period 2, 3 & 7)

 1) Watch the following video. Either follow the link or cut and paste the address into your browser. https://youtu.be/sdqlsYsWJ2s. This video is the first part of the notes for section 9.1.

2) Complete the assignment for 9.1 (In text p.599 #13-16). Take a photo of your completed assignment including your work and email me the photo(s). If you have questions attend one of the “Live” Zoom meetings below.

3) The second assignment this week is on ALEKS. It is called “Week #2 (3/30-4/3) Review: Quadratics.” If you have questions attend one of the “Live” Zoom meetings below. Make sure that you write down the question or take a photo of it and send it to me an email so that I can be prepared during the Zoom meeting. A better option is in ALEKS you can send the problem to your teacher in an email.

4) There are two extra credit assignments this week. One is to join the class Remind. I sent an email out on Saturday 3/28 with the information to join. I can resend the email, just send me an email at jwindes@amphi.com.  The second is to link into one of the two “Live” Zoom meetings this week. The times are below. If you need more information on how to do this please send me an email at jwindes@amphi.com.
The schedule for Algebra 2 Zoom meetings (Office Hours) will be:

Tuesday                        Wednesday                 Thursday
Period 2 (9:00-9:30)        Period 2 (9:00-9:30)        Period 7 (2:00-2:30)
Meeting ID: 609-949-839         Meeting ID: 116-293-639         Meeting ID: 360-680-374

Period 3 (10:30-11:00)    Period 3 (10:30-11:00)   
Meeting ID: 634-734-026         Meeting ID: 881-995-013       
                    
                                         Period 7 (2:00-2:30)       
                                         https://zoom.us/j/953327031
                                                Meeting ID: 953-327-031       

I have three sections of Algebra 2 and you are welcome to attend any you are welcome to attend any of the Zoom meetings for Algebra 2.

5) For now – this is it. If any part of this list does not make sense – please let me know with a REMIND message or an email.

Precalculus (Period 5 & 6)
1) Watch the following video. Either follow the link or cut and paste the address into your browser. https://youtu.be/n_SXpMw6KnM These are the first part of the notes for section 7.1.

2) Complete the 7.1 assignment. P.575 #3-10 & 19-26. Assignments are required this quarter. Take a photo of your completed assignment including your work and email me the photo(s). If you have questions attend one of the “Live” Zoom meetings below.

3) There are two extra credit assignments this week. One is to join the class Remind. I sent an email out on Saturday 3/28 with the information to join. I can resend the email, just send me an email at jwindes@amphi.com.  The second is to link into one of the two “Live” Zoom meetings this week. The times are below. If you need more information on how to do this please send me an email at jwindes@amphi.com.

The schedule for Precalculus Zoom meetings (Office Hours) will be:

Tuesday                        Wednesday                 Thursday
Period 6 (2:00-2:30)        Period 5 (12:00-12:30)    Period 5 (10:30-11:00) https://zoom.us/j/249696377   https://zoom.us/j/934682088   https://zoom.us/j/109316350
Meeting ID: 249-696-377         Meeting ID: 934-682-088         Meeting ID: 109-316-350

Period 6 (12:00-12:30)                                 https://zoom.us/j/956218368
Meeting ID: 956-218-368

*** I have two sections of Precalculus and you are welcome to attend any of the Zoom meetings for Precalculus.

4) Watch the following videos on Solving Systems Involving Quadratics.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbvzB_8Wji8 (SWBAT: Solve a system involving a linear equation and a quadratic equation.)
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRlkdzFFgiw (SWBAT: Solve a system involving two quadratic equations using elimination.)

5) Complete the following worksheet. “Solving Systems Involving Quadratic Equations.”

Here is a link to the assignment:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LmFSAPrUrL5sPLeFz7tf9tPiXRFKDVfz/view?usp=sharing



             

Geometry (Period 4)
1) Watch the following video. Either follow the link or cut and paste the address into your browser. https://youtu.be/ML8zaIjQako

2) Check your email and print the assignment. The assignment is called “Review Assignment#2(March30-April3).” When the assignment is complete send me a photo of your work and you will receive credit. If you need help with this assignment, then join one of the “Live” Zoom meetings this week. See #3 below.
          Steps for Solving Equations
          A) Distribute and clear parenthesis.
          B) Combine like terms on each side of the equation.
          C) If the variable appears on both sides of the equation, use addition/subtraction to                 move to one side.
          D) Isolate the variable. Use addition/subtraction to zero out the constant on the                        variable side. Then use multiple/division on make the coefficient of the variable                  equal to one.

3) There are two extra credit assignments this week. One is to join the class Remind. I sent an email out on Saturday 3/28 with the information to join. I can resend the email, just send me an email at jwindes@amphi.com.  The second is to link into one of the two “Live” Zoom meetings this week. The times are below. If you need more information on how to do this please send me an email at jwindes@amphi.com.

Tuesday                        Thursday
Period 4 (12:00-12:30)    Period 4 (9:00-9:30)
Meeting ID: 210-589-885         Meeting ID: 937-031-233

4) Watch your mailbox (the one in your front yard or at the post office) for the Packet Unit 10 – Circles. Send me a Remind message when you receive the packet.

5) Here is your video for page 1 of the Unit 10 Notes. https://youtu.be/QX-783YcQ5k
Watch the video and fill in page 1 of the packet. When you are finished, send me a picture of your notes through remind or email. This picture of your completed page 1 notes will count as an assignment. I will see you tomorrow on Zoom at 9:00am.

Thank you so much for being flexible and patient. Stay well and reach out if you need help.

Mrs. Windes






No comments: