Monday, April 6, 2020

School Closure Week #3 (April 6 - April 10)


Week #3 (April 6 -April 10)

I hope that everyone is doing well and staying healthy. I know it can be challenging being at home so much for families – mine as well.

Last week went very – thank you for being patient. It was very nice to be able to see your faces and hear your voices on Zoom – I miss you very much and it is obvious that you miss each other as well. I did have a couple of incidents on Zoom last week. For this reason, I will establish a waiting room and admit students to the Zoom meeting one by one at the beginning. So, it will be important that your video is on and your name is posted. Additionally, Zoom meetings will be closed after the first five minutes. Therefore, if you are later than five minutes you will need to attend a different Zoom meeting during the week.

This week will be the first time that I post grades in the parent/student portal. I will post grades on Mondays for the previous week. For example, I will post grades today for Week #2. If a student has not submitted an assignment then the grade will be input as “I” for Incomplete and the student will still have an additional week to turn in the assignment (10% will be taken off for late assignments). Extra credit assignments are not accepted late. I would like each of you to check the portal after 4pm on Monday to see if your assignments are entered accurately. If you see that you have an “I” for something that you did turn in – please do not panic. Just let me know through email. I had hundreds of emails and Reminds last week – so I may have just missed it.

Due Dates: Assignments are due the week that they are assigned. Ideally students should have their assignments completed and sent to me by Friday of the week they are assigned. However, I know that some students are watching siblings, etc. For this reason, assignments may be turned in as late as Sunday of the week they are assigned with no penalty.

Below is a list for each class of the expectations for the week. All of the videos can be accessed through links and any worksheets can also be accessed by the links. If anything is not clear please let me know.

I hope that you all have a great week. I miss you all very much.

Mrs. W.

Algebra 2 Period 2, 3 & 7

1) Watch the following video covering the Part 2 of the 9.1 Notes (Objectives on first slide). https://youtu.be/LPAlINFOpi8   

2) Complete assignment and sent me a photo when you are finished.
                     P.599-600 #17-26 all

3) Watch the following video covering some examples on the ALEKS assignment for this week (Objectives on first slide).  https://youtu.be/kj_isJkODew

4) Complete ALEKS assignment: “SC Week #3 Trig”

5) Extra Credit: Open the following worksheet on special right triangles and send me a picture of your work. 

6) If you have any questions or you would like me to go over a concept with you – please attend a Zoom meeting. This is the schedule – you can attend any of the following periods. Remember that you must be there in the first five minutes.

Tuesday
April 7th
Wednesday
April 8th
Thursday
April 9th
Period 2 (9:00-9:30)
Meeting ID: 609-949-839
Period 2 (9:00-9:30)
Meeting ID: 116-293-639

Period 3 (10:30-11:00)
Meeting ID: 634-734-026
Period 3 (10:30-11:00)
Meeting ID: 881-995-013


Period 7 (2:00-2:30)
Meeting ID: 953-327-031
Period 7 (2:00-2:30)
Meeting ID: 360-680-374

Geometry Period 4

Hello Geometry!

1) Zoom meetings are expected – please attend both meetings below. Your attendance is counted as an assignment for the week. If there is an issue with you attending please send me an email at jwindes@amphi.com and we will work together to find a solution. Keep scrolling down – there is more.

Tuesday
April 7th
Thursday
April 9th
Period 4 (12:00-12:30)
Meeting ID: 210-589-885
Period 4 (9:00-9:30)
Meeting ID: 937-031-233

2) Watch the video below covering page 2 of the Unit 10 notes. The objective is to become familiar with the vocabulary relating to circles. When you are finished – please send me a photo of the page. (This also counts as an assignment).

3) Complete page 3 of Unit 10. This uses the vocabulary that we went over on pages 1 & 2. Please send me a photo of the page. (This also counts as an assignment). We will go over this on Tuesday in Zoom.

4) On Thursday in Zoom we will cover problems #1, 5, 9, 11 & 13 on page 4 & 5.

5) Assignment: Unit 10 page 4 & 5 #2-4, 6-8, 10, 12 & 14 (Send me a photo!)

6) Extra Credit : p.6 #1-5 (Send me a photo!)

Precalculus Period 5 & 6


1) Watch the following video:  https://youtu.be/ehHvxVMt3u0  (2 Examples from 7.1 Notes, Objectives on first slide)

2) Complete the worksheet: “Solving Systems Involving Quadratic Equations II” (8 problems). Follow the link and send the work to me for credit. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nLgrnRFxntdBihg2Xh8DzHHn47ovUVu4/view?usp=sharing

3) Watch the following video: https://youtu.be/HvTiA67PRoU (7.2 Notes Part I, Objectives on first slide)

4) Complete the assignment: p.590 #1-16. Send a photo of work to me for credit.

5) Watch the following video: https://youtu.be/9NW1rw-fBUQ   (7.2 Notes Part II, Objectives on first slide)

6) Complete the worksheet: “Multiplying Matrices”

7) The extra credit this week will be to attend a Zoom meeting. You can ONLY join the first five minutes of the Zoom. If you are late you will need to attend a different meeting. The schedule is below.

Tuesday
April 7th
Wednesday
April 8th
Thursday
April 9th

Period 5 (12:00-12:30)
Meeting ID: 934-682-088
Period 5 (10:30-11:00)
Meeting ID: 109-316-350

Period 6 (2:00-2:30)
Meeting ID: 249-696-377

Period 6 (12:00-12:30)
Meeting ID: 956-218-368



No comments: